DELIVERING BITUMEN TO YOUR DOORSTEPS, WHEREVER ON PLANET EARTH IT MIGHT BE! USING OUR INTEGRATED LOGISTICS & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
Gaznefteservis Bitumen focuses on International Supply of Petroleum Bitumen Products for Road Construction and Pavement, controlling the entire supply chain from its production source in the refinery, quality control and quality assurance, packing, logistics, handling at ports of loading right through to delivery at ports of destination and further onward haulage to client sites.With our Bitumen teams many years of experience in the industry,we are able to provide you the most efficient, effective, fastest and most economical transportation modes.
WE SUPPLY SGS QUALITY CERTIFIED PRODUCTS
We deliver what you need, Where you need it, When you need it!
No matter if your company adheres to European Standard EN 12591:1999, to the Standards of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (A.A.S.H.T.O.) and its subcommittee on Materials, to the BSI British Standard BS EN 1427:2007, BS 1000-58:2007 for Bitumen & Bituminous binders and BS EN 12591:1999 for Bitumen Specifications, to the JTJ 052-2000 Standard Test Methods of Bitumen and Bituminous Mixtures for Highway Engineering of the Chinese Ministry of Transport, or even your own national standards, our team follows the latest Test Methods, Quality Control Policies and Best Business Practices to ensure that the highest quality of product and services are provided along the entire supply chain. We adapt to the requisitions of your projects and ensure smooth operations along with integrating to your workflow and supply chain processes. We adjust to your way of working and you will not require undergoing any changes.
WE WANT YOU TO FOCUS ON BUILDING ROADS
At Gaznefteservis we want you to focus on building roads for your clients and we focus on delivering you the Bitumen you need. We ensure you that we shall satisfy your Commercial Team, Technical Team, Project Management Team as well as Quality Assurance Team to help you build better roads for our world, just like the many customers we have satisfied to date. Being backed by solid financial resources, we are capable of engaging in special projects with our clients and produce custom solutions to solve their custom problems for each individual project. Whether you are seeking our expert advice or require an official quote, our aim is to be your number one source for all your Bitumen requirements, today and tomorrow. All our products carry certification of quality and quantity from the best International Surveyors, such as SGS, Bureau Veritas, Saybolt or others as may be required by you and the destination countries import regulations.
BITUMEN KEY FACTS
• worldwide consumption is about 100 million tons every year • 90 % of all bitumen is used in road construction and only 10 % for industrial purposes • 95 % of all roads are constructed using bituminous coatings • 75% of black inks used for printing of daily newspapers as well as majority of black HP ink cartridges are made from Venezuelan bitumen Petroleum Bitumen, normally called “Bitumen” or “Asphalt” is produced by refining crude oil. Used as a binder in road-building products, it is a very viscous, black or dark brown material. The crude oil is pumped from storage tanks, where it is kept at about 60°C, through a heat exchanger system where its temperature is increased to typically 200°C by exchanging heat gained from the cooling of newly produced products in the refining process. The crude is then further heated in a furnace to typically 300° C where it is partly vaporized into an Atmospheric Distillation Column. Here the physical separation of the components occurs. The lighter components rise to the top and the heaviest components (the atmospheric residue) fall to the bottom of the column and pass through a second heat exchanger prior to treatment in a vacuum distillation column. Finally, Bitumen, is obtained by vacuum distillation or vacuum flashing of atmospheric residue from the vacuum distillation column. This is “straight run bitumen”. This process is called bitumen production by straight run vacuum distillation. An alternative method of bitumen production is by precipitation from residual fractions by propane or butane- solvent deasphalting. The bitumen thus obtained has properties which derive from the type of crude oil processed and from the mode of operation in the vacuum unit or in the solvent deasphalting unit. The grade of the bitumen depends on the amount of volatile material that remains in the product: the smaller the amount of volatiles, the harder the residual bitumen. In most cases, the refinery bitumen production by straight run vacuum distillation does not meet the market product quality requirements. Authorities and industrial users have formulated a variety of bitumen grades with stringent quality specifications, such as narrow ranges for penetration and softening point. These special grades are manufactured by blowing air through the hot liquid bitumen in a BITUMEN BLOWING UNIT and additional modification processes to the “straight run bitumen” Specialists in bitumen view bitumen as an advanced and complex construction material, not as a mere by-product of the oil refining process.
What is butimen?
What we do
WHAT WE DO At Gaznefteservis Bitumen, no matter if your company adheres to European Standard EN 12591:1999, to the Standards of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (A.A.S.H.T.O.) and its subcommittee on Materials, to the BSI British Standard BS EN 1427:2007, BS 1000-58:2007 for Bitumen & Bituminous binders and BS EN 12591:1999 for Bitumen Specifications, to the JTJ 052-2000 Standard Test Methods of Bitumen and Bituminous Mixtures for Highway Engineering of the Chinese Ministry of Transport, or even your own national standards, our team follows the latest Test Methods, Quality Control Policies and Best Business Practices to ensure that the highest quality of product and services fit to the project requisitions are provided to our clients along the entire supply chain to bring accurate product required for the project to our clients project sites timely and accurately. Gaznefteservis Bitumen supplies a complete range of Bitumen Products from various approved and controlled refining sources, as per International Quality Standards, meeting your required product and packing specifications, logistics and financial requirements. We are capable to supply Bitumen Products that are suitable for Road, Highway, Bridge, Airport Runway, Airfields and other custom paving projects. Each road or airfield requires a sub-grade, base course and surface course. The techniques and methods of cutting and falling, grading and compacting, and surfacing are quite similar. We adhere to meet all your product requisitions. The European Standards for different Bitumen are standardized under: EN12591 – Specifications for paving grade bitumens EN13924 – Specifications for hard paving grade bitumens EN14023 – Specification framework for polymer modified bitumens EN13808 – Specification for cationic bitumen emulsions EN13304 – Framework for specification of oxidised bitumens EN13305 – Framework for specification of hard industrial bitumens EN15322 – Framework for specifying cut-back and fluxed bituminous binders Img. 3 – Typical Road (Classical vs Bituminous) Our Bitumen Product Range includes:
• Penetration Graded Bitumen : Penetration graded bitumen is classified by the depth to which a standard needle will penetrate under specified test conditions. This “pen” test classification is used to indicate the hardness of bitumen, lower penetration indicating a harder bitumen. Specifications for penetration graded bitumens normally state the penetration range for a grade, e.g. 50/70. Other tests are used to classify the bitumen for specification purposes, such as softening point, solubility, flash point etc. • Viscosity graded bitumen: Bitumens are also graded and specified by their viscosity at a standard temperature (typically 60°C). Specifications for viscosity graded bitumens normally give the nominal viscosity prefixed by a V, e.g. V1500. We usually do not supply Viscosity graded bitumen in our standard range, but can supply on special client requisitions.
• Oxidized Bitumen Grades: Passing air through bitumen at elevated temperature can be used to alter its physical properties for certain commercial applications. The degree of oxidation can range from very small, often referred to as air-rectification, or semi-blowing, which only slightly modifies the bitumen properties, through to “full” blowing, whereby the properties of the bitumen are significantly different to penetration grade bitumens. Nomenclature and grading for the oxidised bitumen products is based on a combination of the temperature at which the bitumen reaches a certain “softness” when being heated up as expressed by the ring and ball softening point test, and the penetration value.
• Bituminous binders / preparations: Bitumens are also used as a raw material to manufacture mixtures (preparations) with improved handling and application characteristics, or to enhance the physical properties. In such products bitumen is often the principal component, but they can contain significant proportions of other materials. These products are often referred to as bituminous binders or bitumen products, and are chemically classified as bitumen preparations. The three most commonly used Bituminous binders / preparations are: a. Cut-back bitumen Grades Cut-backs are bitumen preparations in which the viscosity of the binder has been reduced by the addition of a volatile solvent, normally derived from petroleum. Typically the solvents used are white spirit and kerosene. Cut-back products are typically used for spraying and some mixing applications. b. Fluxed bitumen Fluxed bitumens are bitumen preparation where the viscosity of the binder has been reduced by the addition of relatively non-volatile oils. Typical fluxants include gas oil and vegetable based oils. c. Modified bitumen (including Polymer Modified Bitumen) Modified bitumens are bituminous binders whose performance properties, such as elasticity, adhesive or cohesive strength, have been modified by the use of one or more chemical agents. These agents may be polymers, crumb rubber, sulphur and polyphosphoric acid, among other materials. Modified bitumens are widely used in the production of roofing felt and in paving applications.
• Bitumen Emulsions Bitumen emulsions are products in which tiny droplets (the dispersed phase) of bitumen or bituminous binder are dispersed in an aqueous medium (the continuous phase). The bitumen particle charge can be positive (cationic), negative (anionic), or uncharged (non-ionic) depending on the emulsifier employed. The binder can be either a bitumen, cutback, or modified bitumen. Bitumen emulsions are used largely in road surfacing applications, such as surface dressing, cold mixtures and slurry seals.